Throughout the year we offer several seminars on various subjects including living trusts, long-term care, retirement planning, and charitable giving. The seminars are free and we encourage you to attend. We look forward to meeting you!
Estate & Elder Law Bootcamp
How to Get Medical Assistance Coverage for Your Assisted Living or Nursing Home Care...Without Selling Your Home or Leaving Your Family Without a Dime
One of the biggest fears that people have today is the fear of having their life savings wiped out if they end up in a nursing home. What a shame to see someone’s life savings of 30, 40, or 50 years wiped out in a matter of months. Whether you or a family member is in a crisis or not, it is important that you understand what you can do to protect your hard-earned assets! Most of the public does not yet realize that the laws on asset protection and long-term care planning are constantly changing, with several large changes in 2017 and 2018. It is extremely important that you know about these changes and how they may affect your long-term care planning! The amount that a community spouse can keep has been increased.
At this free seminar, here is some of what you will discover:
- The amount that the community spouse can keep has significantly increased.
- There are now options to convert assets into income that can be given to the non-institutionalized spouse to increase the spouse’s ability to maintain a reasonable lifestyle.
- The importance of having the right type of Power of Attorney and Health Care Directive; everyone should have one and why.
- How Medical Assistance works…and the steps you need to take to protect yourself and your family under the new rules, along with appropriate estate planning documents.
- We will also update you regarding changes to the federal estate tax laws and Minnesota estate tax laws.
This seminar is FREE, but seating is limited. Please call Cheri at 763-398-5800 to RSVP. This seminar will fill up quickly, so call right away!
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Brookview Community Center
316 Brookview Parkway South
Golden Valley, MN 55426
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Medina Entertainment Center
500 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340
This workshop will be presented by William M. Hansen. Mr. Hansen is an attorney, a Certified Financial Planner®, and has a Masters of Law in Taxation. He has more than 25 years of planning experience. He is a frequent lecturer and helps guide his clients to make wise decisions about their financial future.