Throughout the year we offer several seminars on various subjects including living trusts, long-term care, retirement planning, and charitable giving. The seminars are free and we encourage you to attend. We look forward to meeting you!
Estate and Elder Law Boot Camp
How to Protect Yourself, Your Family and Your Life Savings from Nursing Home Expenses Without Selling Your Home or Leaving Your Family Without a Dime
One of the biggest fears people have today is the fear of having their life savings wiped out if they end up in the nursing home. What a shame to see someone’s life savings of 30, 40 or 50 years drained in just a matter of months. Most of the public does not realize that there are important new Medicaid laws and financial products that impact your long-term care planning options. Whether or not you or a family member is in the midst of a crisis, you need to understand these developments so you can make smart choices in order to protect your hard-earned assets and get the care that you want and deserve. It is extremely important that you know about these changes and how they may affect your long-term care planning!
At this free seminar, here is some of what you will discover:
- The amount that the community spouse can keep has significantly increased.
- There are now options to convert assets into income that can be given to the non-institutionalized spouse to increase the spouse’s ability to maintain a reasonable lifestyle.
- The importance of having the right type of Power of Attorney and Health Care Directive; everyone should have one and why.
- How Medical Assistance works…and the steps you need to take to protect yourself and your family under the new rules, along with appropriate estate planning documents.
- We will also update you regarding changes to the federal estate tax laws and Minnesota estate tax laws.
BONUS: We will be handing out a FREE copy of “Consumer’s Guide to Medicaid Planning” to all who attend. This booklet has been updated to reflect the new law changes. (Limit 1 guide per household.)
Monday, May 6, 2019
2:00 – 3:30 p.m. OR 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Chanhassen Recreation Center
2310 Coulter Boulevard
Chanhassen, MN 55317
This workshop will be presented by William M. Hansen. Mr. Hansen is an attorney, a Certified Financial Planner®, and has a Masters of Law in Taxation. He has more than 25 years of planning experience. He is a frequent lecturer and helps guide his clients to make wise decisions about their financial future.